The first full paragraph of President Donald Trump’s Time interview contains enough falsehoods to stimulate fact-checkers around the world groan in unison.
The interview, published on Thursday, is full of eye-popping, jaw-through-the-floor, totally-normal-for-this-presidency quotes, hitting on popular topics like Brexit, wire tapping and his burgeoning bromance with Ted Cruz.
Let’s list nine of them, in no particular order, that may or may not stimulate you begin excavating a bunker in your backyard or nearest park.
9. “Brexit, I was totally right about that. You were over there I believe, when I predicted that, right, the day before.”
Trump love to say he predicted Brexit when he was in Scotland “the day before.” But he was not there the previous day. This didn’t happen.
8. “Brexit, I predicted Brexit, you remember that, the day before the event. I told , no, Brexit is going to happen, and everybody laughed, and Brexit happened.”
This is all kind of funny if you believe we live in a simulation.
7. “I got attacked on Brexit, when I was saying, I told long before the previous day, I said the day before the opening, but I was saying Brexit was going to pass, and everybody was laughing, and I turned out to be right on that.”
[ swear words]
6. “I signify largely they register wrong, in other words, for the voting rights, they register incorrectly, and/ or illegally. And they then vote. You have tremendous number of people.”
Trump has never furnished any evidence to show illegal voting happened on a widespread scale during this past presidential election, or any other election. Such proof does not exist. This debate has been beaten to demise, resurrected and beaten to demise again. There is no debate, because it is dead. Yay.
5. “I assume this is going to be a encompas too, have I specified the record? I guess, right? Cover-up , nobodys had more covers.”
Former President Richard Nixon has many more cover-ups. When this was pointed out to Trump, he said he was “sure” he would “win.”
4. “Sweden. I stimulate the statement, everyone runs crazy. The next day they have a massive riot, and demise, and problems.”
Well, visualize, the president issued a statement about certain kinds of terrorist attack in Sweden that did not happen. Then, weeks later there was a riot in Sweden, though no one died.
3. “When I told wiretapping, it was in quotes. Because a wiretapping is, you know today it is different than wire tapping. It is just a good description. But wiretapping was in quotes. What Im talking about is surveillance. “
It was in quotes, sure, until it wasn’t.
2. “No , no, I like Ted Cruz, hes a friend of mine. But that was in the newspaper. I wasnt, I didnt say that. I was referring to a newspaper. A Ted Cruz article referred to a newspaper story with, had a picture of Ted Cruz, “his fathers”, and Lee Harvey Oswald, having breakfast.”
Trump once tried to connect Sen. Ted Cruz to Lee Harvey Oswald( the man who fatally shot former President John F. Kennedy ). Trump cited The National Enquirer .
1. “Im a very instinctual person, but my instinct turns out to be right.”
WATCH: Paranoid like ‘Snowden’? Here’s where to throw cellphones
Read more here: http :// mashable.com /