Admit it…it can feel good to know you’re better than other people.
- 1 ✓ Refused to eat at a chain restaurant.
- 2 ✓ Insisted on only eating ethnic cuisine when it’s “authentic.”
- 3 ✓ Judged someone by what’s on their bookshelves.
- 4 ✓ Judged someone for not having bookshelves.
- 5 ✓ Looked down on someone for liking music that wasn’t cool or too popular.
- 6 ✓ Rolled your eyes at people for being into action, sci-fi, horror, or superhero movies.
- 7 ✓ Complained about Hollywood making too many sequels.
- 8 ✓ Claimed you were suffering from “blockbuster fatigue.”
- 9 ✓ Bragged about not having a television.
- 10 ✓ Made a point of letting people know you’re not on Facebook.
- 11 ✓ Refused to get a Twitter account.
- 12 ✓ Refused to get an Instagram account.
- 13 ✓ Refused to get a Vine account.
- 14 ✓ Felt like you were too good to use an online dating service.
- 15 ✓ Actively thought that other people weren’t in your “league” and not attractive enough for you.
- 16 ✓ Made fun of someone for reading a celebrity weekly.
- 17 ✓ Refused to shop at a big box store like Walmart or Target.
- 18 ✓ Felt compelled to correct people on the tiniest spelling and grammatical errors.
- 19 ✓ Pitied someone because they’re only fluent in one language.
- 20 ✓ Felt superior to someone because you work out more often.
- 21 ✓ Felt superior to someone because you have a healthier diet.
- 22 ✓ Thought less of someone for not being an adventurous eater.
- 23 ✓ Thought less of someone for not being a vegetarian or vegan.
- 24 ✓ Looked down on people for enjoying reality tv.
- 25 ✓ Looked down on people for enjoying sitcoms.
- 26 ✓ Looked down on people for enjoying procedurals.
- 27 ✓ Insisted that music sounds better on vinyl than CDs or digital.
- 28 ✓ Judged someone for not buying local and/or organic food.
- 29 ✓ Refused to drink drip coffee.
- 30 ✓ Had a very complex default coffee order.
- 31 ✓ Refused to drink cheap domestic beer.
- 32 ✓ Insisted on only drinking top-shelf liquor.
- 33 ✓ Only wanted to drink “good” wine.
- 34 ✓ Looked down on someone for using a box mix instead of making something from scratch.
- 35 ✓ Been annoyed by someone taking a photo of their meal in public.
- 36 ✓ Made a point of saying you prefer obscure sports over baseball, basketball, and football.
- 37 ✓ Refused to go to a place because you think it’s “sketchy.”
- 38 ✓ Avoided public transportation because you think it’s gross.
- 39 ✓ Thought less of someone because they didn’t go to a prestigious school.
- 40 ✓ Judged someone for not traveling as much as you have.
- 41 ✓ Insisted on only buying name-brand products at the supermarket.
- 42 ✓ Scoffed at someone for wearing something after it has gone out of fashion.
- 43 ✓ Judged someone for not wearing designer clothing.
- 44 ✓ Rolled your eyes at someone for wearing clothes you thought were too trashy or tacky
- 45 ✓ Thought someone was crazy for ordering a steak or burger “well done.”
- 46 ✓ Looked down at someone for not being “well read.”
- 47 ✓ Ostentatiously used esoteric words in casual conversation.
- 48 ✓ Loudly expressed your disdain for lowbrow comedies.
- 49 ✓ Been frustrated by talking to someone who doesn’t understand your references to literature, art, or classic cinema.
- 50 ✓ Been irritated by someone because they don’t know how to make a cup of tea.
- 51 ✓ Judged someone who prefers the film adaptations of books.
- 52 ✓ Rolled your eyes at adults who read Young Adult fiction.
- 53 ✓ Made fun of someone who could not perfectly pronounce words from a language they don’t speak.
- 54 ✓ Made fun of someone for not being totally up on the news.
- 55 ✓ Made a point of telling people you think British television is better than American television.
- 56 ✓ Insisted on only listening to public radio.
- 57 ✓ Thought you were slightly superior for using Mac products.
- 58 ✓ Thought less of someone for being religious.
- 59 ✓ Thought less of someone for not being religious.
- 60 ✓ Made fun of someone for not having a nice car.
How Much Of An Elitist Are You?
You can be a bit smug and judgmental sometimes, but you’re not a total jerk. You just have good taste, you know?
You’re definitely a snob, and you’re proud of your refined taste. You’re very, very good at rolling your eyes.
Let’s face it, you’re a total elitist. You’re often disgusted by other people’s bad taste and lack of worldly experience. You have no qualms with making your judgments known.
You’re a pretentious snob, and proud of it. You make no apologies for your exquisite taste, and why should you?
SHARE YOUR RESULTS
Read more: http://buzzfeed.com/perpetua/snobs