As a kid, I’ve always loved reading comic books, especially those published by Marvel Comics. Marvel has created a lot of memorable and nostalgic characters/heroes such as Captain America, Iron Man and the Hulk (among hundreds of others), and some have been brought to life by Hollywood in their movies. Of course, a comic book fan has his or her favorite heroes, and here’s my own top 5 list of faves. I will also include some of their allies and enemies in the comics.
5) Spider Man (a.k.a. Peter Parker)
Everybody’s favorite and well-loved web-slinger boasts one of Marvel’s biggest rogue galleries. Bitten by a radio-active spider, he inherited the abilities of a super-arachnid such as agility, strength, speed, stamina, endurance, the ability to cling and crawl to most surfaces, and the capability to produce artificial webbings through a gadget (though portrayed as having the ability to produce real webbings from his wrists in the movies). Perhaps his best known ability is his “spider-sense” which is some sort of an early warning device whenever a foe or some sort of danger is near. He is known for his wise-cracking antics that could distract his opponents which would, at certain instances, eventually help him gain the upper hand and defeat them. Played by Tobey Maguire in the three Spider Man movies, and will be played by Andrew Garfield in the 2012 film reboot.
Allies: Black Cat, Wolverine, Daredevil, Iron Man, Venom, Human Torch
Enemies: Rhino, Kingpin, Lizard, Electro, Kraven, Tombstone, Juggernaut, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Dr. Octopus, Sandman
4) Hulk (a.k.a. Bruce Banner)
Who could ever forget the green behemoth that gets bigger and stronger every time he gets angry? Both famous in the comics and movies, the character has gained his own fans through the years. “Puny” (as his own alter-ego would call him) scientist Bruce Banner has been accidentally bombarded with gamma-rays, thus giving him unlimited strength, durability, accelerated healing factor, vast leaping ability and high resistance to mind control. He is famous for his lines “Hulk Smash” and “Hulk Bash” both in the comic books and movies. He is perhaps one of the most powerful super-heroes created. Played by Eric Bana and Edward Norton in the movies, and will be played by Mark Ruffalo in the 2012 Avengers film.
Allies: Wolverine, She Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, Doc Samson
Enemies: The Wendigo, Abomination, Leader, Absorbing Man, Bi-Beast, Juggernaut, Devastator, Dragon Man, Rhino
3) Gambit (a.k.a. Remy LeBeau)
The ragin’ cajun is perhaps one of my favorite X-Men because of his suaveness and his “hypnotic charm” ability which makes him a ladies’ man. Growin up in New Orleans as a thief, he became a thief first before becoming one of the members of Marvel’s famous team of mutants. He also has the ability to manipulate potential energy into kinetic energy, using a variety of objects (most preferrably through cards) and carries an extendable metal staff. He is perhaps famous for his relationship with his teammate Rogue. Played by Taylor Kitsch in the movie “X-men Origins: Wolverine”.
Allies: Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, Beast, Storm, Psylocke
Enemies: Mr. Sinister, Sabretooth, Mystique, Omega Red, Pyro
2) Juggernaut (a.k.a. Cain Marko)
One of the best things that I love about Marvel is that they could turn a villain into a hero (or in some cases, an anti-hero), and of them is Juggernaut. Empowered by the mystical Crimson Ruby of Cytorrak, Cain Marko was granted the power of the Juggernaut: superhuman strength, stamina, durability, healing factor and near-invulnerability. Formerly a perennial foe of the X-Men, he is now atoning for his past mistakes and is now one of the X-Men’s most valuable teammates. Played by Vinnie Jones in “X-Men: The Last Stand”.
Allies: Black Tom Cassidy, X-Men, She Hulk, Hulk
Enemies: Onslaught, Rage, Komodo, Mojo, Deadpool, Gideon
1) Wolverine (a.k.a. James Howlett)
Wolverine has always been my favorite among the Marvel characters, perhaps due to his mysterious origins and prowess in battle, as well as his conflicted persona: “he can become the ultimate killer, but has the courage and strength to overcome that side of him”. He’s gifted with the power of strength, animal-keen senses, stamina, durability and a healing factor. He is famous for his adamantium skeleton and claws. He’s been through a lot; stabbed, impaled, burned, crucified, but still lived to tell about it. He’s also been to outer space, other dimensions, hell, etc. For me, he is one of Marvel’s best created characters, and well-loved by many fans of the comic book hero. Played by Hugh Jackman in the X-Men films and “X-men Origins: Wolverine”.
Allies: Gambit, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Captain America, Domino, Rogue, Black Cat, Jubilee
Enemies: Omega Red, Silver Samurai, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, Deadpool, Reavers, Cyber, Shiva, Bloodscream, Chimera, Ogun, Epsilon Red, Donald Pierce
I’ve always loved watching cartoon shows, especially those about super heroes and their adventures. I can remember in my younger days when I got home from school, getting excited when it’s already 7 at night as I can again see my favorite super heroes in action. Here’s my list of the top 3 favorite cartoons.
#3) The Transformers (1984)
Who could ever forget the Autobots and Decepticons waging a war on Earth with Optimus Prime exclaiming the memorable line “At the end of this day, one shall stand, and one shall fall!”. I remember watching this with my sister which also influenced her to collect some of their toys/merchandise. The original series gave birth to various cartoon spin-offs and sequels like “Transformers: Cybertron”, “Transformers: Beast Wars” and “Transformers: Beast Machines”, among others.
What I Liked Most About The Series: The unforgettable giant robots fighting for supremacy over the Earth…. and the toys!;)
#2) The Uncanny X-Men (1992)
After the robots, I turned my attention to the cartoon superheroes who’ve added some more fun with my breakfast of cookies and oatmeals as a kid. For me, the best among these shows is the Uncanny X-Men, as it showcased some of Marvel’s famous mutants (heroes and villains alike) such as Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey (Phoenix), Magneto, Rogue, Gambit, Mystique, Juggernaut, among others. I liked how the series blended adventure and love stories, staying true to its comic book origins.
What I Liked Most About The Series: The good and evil mutants fighting for their cause, with the good guys protecting humankind from the bad guys, all the while getting ridiculed and rejected by the humans because of their powers. Always great to see the love triangle going on between Wolverine, Jean Grey and Cyclops.
#1) Justice League (2001) And Justice League Unlimited (2004)
In the same tradition of the Uncanny X-Men animated series, the show tells the stories and adventures of the various DC Comics superheroes as a team. The unforgettable faces in the show includes Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, the Flash and Hawkgirl, as well as the many heroes (and villains) in the DC Universe.
What I Liked Most About The Series: The fight sequences in the series are fun to look at as they land solid hits on their opponents. I’ve always like the episode “For the Man Who Has Everything” in Justice League Unlimited, where Superman has been incapacitated by the super-strong alien Mongul, with only Batman and Wonder Woman left to fight the villain. This episode was adapted from a famous story in DC comics “Superman Annual#11″ created in 1985. It’s always great to see your comic book stories come to life in the television!
1. Does he call you at the last minute to ask you out on a date? Does he wait until Friday night to ask you if you want to go out?
2. Does he call you at 11:00pm at night asking you whether he can come over to your house to talk? And when you let him come over, he finds a way to get you to your bedroom for a quickie and then he finds a good reason to leave before the sun comes up?
3. When he introduces you to his friends does he simply tell them that you are “a friend”, when in your mind you think that you aught to be more than just a friend to him?
Everyone is going to have their own opinion of the top 10 athletics of all-time, some are similar and some are completely different. But every athletic can argue that they should go on the top 10 but not all of them can fit on that list. These are my top 10 athletics of all-time.
In no particular order:
1. Michael Jordan – Arguably the greatest NBA player to hit the floor. Michael Jordan defied gravity, I mean, there is a reason why he was nicknamed “Air.” If he didn’t retire a couple of times, he would be the all-time scoring leader, hands down!
He was unstoppable. He took his team to win six NBA finals games, he broke records like it was nothing and he made his teammates look good too!
Also, you have to remember that Jordan played various sports in addition to basketball. Some sports that include baseball, football and golf, which I heard he was pretty good.
This could well be the hardest post I have ever written. The idea of actually deciding which candy bar rates number 1 was a long hard decision for me!
Please let me know what your favorite is.
5. Kit Kat
Four fingers of wavers covered in an awesome layer of chocolate. Only at number 5 because I miss the old foil packaging! Recent additions to the range have included the awesome Chunky Kit Kat, white chocolate and a range of luxury flavors.
4. Dairy Milk
Nothing beats Dairy Milk for simplicity. A whole bar of chunky Cadbury’s chocolate. The Belgium’s tried to stop Cadbury’s calling their product chocolate once (I don’t have a source to prove this)…. However I don’t care what it is called, I love it!
3. Toffee Crisp
I have not had one of these for a while but the taste still lives with me. The bar is filled with Toffee and Rice Crispy like bits. One bite and you are hooked.
Two fingers of chocolate / biscuit awesomeness. I really love the Twix Ice Cream too! Again another bar with a few variaties such as white and dark. I have fond memories of getting sick from eating too many party sized Twiz bars as a child!
1. Skor Bar / Dime Bar
I’m originally from the UK so when I came to North America it never crossed my mind that the candy bars would be different! For a start I call them chocolate bars by nature. So when I went shopping for a firm favorite….. Dime Bar and no one had heard of it I was shocked. Especially as I had always assumed the bar was American, due to it’s name.
I was heart broken…. But one lonely night on a late night binge I decided to try a new candy bar called a Skor….. To my delight it was identical to my Beloved Dime Bar. I felt like I had been reunited with a long lost friend.
Skor Bar conatins a thin layer or crunchy toffee that has been dipped in fantastic Hershey chocolate. It’s bite produces a perfect crunch and then you have fun getting the toffee out of your teeth.
A hard choice but a good strong winner
So…. Am I right? Please let us know.
A lot of people are good at rapping when they take their time to write rhymes but some of those people aren’t as good off the top of their head when freestyling. Well, I’ve compiled my list of top 10 freestyle rappers in my eyes. If you disagree, let me know who you think are the best!
My list (no particular order):
1. Canibus – Probably one of the sickest lyricists out there and his freestyling ability is off the chart. He may have fell off due to the battle he had with LL Cool J years back but let’s face it, LL Cool J had someone ghostwrite his lyrics anyways. Besides, just because someone gets beaten in a battle doesn’t mean they’re bad. For instance, Jay-Z got ripped by Nas but it doesn’t mean Jay-Z isn’t a good rapper.
2. Big L – The late, great underground emcee was one of the best freestyle rappers out there. He was overlooked by some but you can’t deny his ability to freestyle off the top of his head. I’m not the only one who thought this but he was better at freestyling than writing songs and hits. It’s the truth and you guys know it!
3. Eminem – Yes, believe it or not but Eminem is a good freestyle rapper and he came up as a battle rapper so that’s a dangerous mix. Before he started doing goofy songs and semi-singing, he was freestyle battling his way up to stardom.
4. Jin – He’s probably best known as Jin from Freestyle Friday on BET’s 106 & Park show but this underrated Asian rapper rips emcees with his freestyle battle raps better than anyone out there. I wouldn’t go with the Asian jokes either because he’ll just flip the script and use it against you.
5. KRS-One – One of the originators, KRS-One never made it big but his freestyling and battling made him one of the greatest emcees of all-time. His punch lines would just have you thinking like “damn, that’s sick!”
6. Jay-Z – Yup, the Hawaiian shirt wearing Jay-Z was once a freestyler like would rip most people. Matter of fact, he still is! I mean, he basically freestyles his entire songs anyways because he spits it all on one take. If that isn’t skill, I don’t know what is! Look at all his platinum albums!
7. Snoop Dogg- Before he was spittin’ that mellow style, he was rippin’ and flippin’ it. He came up on gangsta rap and he is one of the best freestyle rappers on the west coast! Don’t get that doggystyle twisted, I bet he’ll rip most rappers out there in a freestyle battle now.
8. Notorius B.I.G. – Not only does he fight for the crown of greatest rapper of all-time but if you never heard Biggie freestyle, well, you’re missing out. The late, great rapper takes his distinct flow from his songs and he does the same with freestyling.
9 .Immortal Technique – One of the best underground rappers and one of the best political rappers out there now, Technique mixes crazy knowledge with punch lines and sticks it all into his rhymes. Believe me, he won’t sell out and go commercial and he’ll still be one of the sickest emcees underground… EVER!
10. Lil’ Wayne – I know, I know, most people think he’s too commercial now but if you ever listened to his underground mixtapes, he freestyled most, if not, all of that. Even when he was with the Hot Boyz, he was the lone star holding that group up, then he went solo and took over the rap industry.
Those are my picks and I’m sure it was different 5-10 years ago and I’m sure it’ll be different next year, but right now, those are my top 10 best freestyle rappers.
It’s remarkably easy to blow your head off using some software and a creative mind. Here are some examples of what can be done using some video editing programs like adobe after effects and premier pro..
We all hate the winter so why not join many of our mammal cousins and go to sleep in a dark hole until it warms up…
As we don’t have the instinct or knowledge to know when we should go to sleep here is a list of signs to look out for to know that the time has come:
1. The Squirrels are frantic
When the squirrels are getting ready for the big sleep they literally go nuts…. frantically running and burrying and hiding from us big giants. They need to get all theri nuts burried before they go for the winter
2. You are getting fat
A summer of BBQ’s and Beer could be put down to you just having a good time. But it’s a great indicator that your body is getting itself ready for a winter of very little food. If you can’t see your privates, it’s probably the right time.
3. There is no more green
I don’t mean you have run out of cash…. although that may be a good time to sleep. I mean that the trees are all hues of brown and they green leaves are no where to be seen.
4. It’s dark when you get to the pub
It’s just not fair that you finish work, run home and take a shower. Then rush to the pub to meet some friends and it’s pitch black!! We should not have to be awake through such dark days.
5. Walmart is selling Christmas Products
There is nothing more depressing than seeing the tack that Walmart start filling their shelfs with early in the Autumn… take the hint and prepare for sleep
6. You are getting Halloween Party Invites
Halloween can be great fun but imagine how much better it would be to just wake up when all the wet and cold is over. The day that first invite is pushed your way is the day you know you can safely get down to hibernating.
Let us know if you can think of any other indicators!
If you’re a guy, you already know the unwritten rules of proper etiquette while in a public restroom. I mean, I don’t even need to explain it; it should be in your blood. But just incase you forget or if you’re a female and you’ve never known about this, here is a list of male bathroom rules – the proper etiquette.
1. Do not speak to anyone you don’t know, matter of fact, avoid talking in general! The bathroom isn’t a place to chit chat, it’s a place to handle your business, wash your hands and get out. Stay mute when you’re in the bathroom and the second you get out, then you can talk once again.
2. Avoid making eye contact. There’s no point in looking directly into people’s eyes in the bathroom. That sends out the wrong vibe and could possibly get you punched. Matter of fact, try not to look at anyone in general (no body parts, no eye contact, just don’t look).
3. Always have an empty urinal between you and the next closest guy. If there are 5 urinals, you never, NEVER go to the adjacent one, you skip one. For instance, you go to urinal 1, skip 2, go to urinal 3, skip 4, and go to urinal 5. If 1, 3 and 5 are taken, you then proceed to the nearest open stall. And if those are taken, you come back.
4. When using the urinal, keep your eyes forward or focused on your own business. There is no reason or excuse for trying to look at someone else or someone else’s business. That’s usually an open invitation of getting punched.
5. Flush your business! How many times do we walk into a stall and see someone else’s masterpiece just sitting there? Nope, we don’t flush it either. We simply both to the next available stall.
6. Do not stay in front of the mirror for too long. Unless you have something in your teeth you do not need to stay looking at yourself. You’re not putting on makeup and you do not want to stay in the bathroom longer than needed.
7. Avoid taking a number two. Unless you just ate a bowl of chili from Taco Bell, there is no reason you can’t wait until you get home.
8. Keep unnecessary noises to a minimum. If you use the bathroom, there is no reason at all why you need to make groaning, grunting, sighing, etc noises. Seriously, that’s just disturbing.
9. Wash your hands! I don’t care if you just do a quick rise but if you just peed, you probably leaked on yourself. And if you took a number two, well, that’s just gross.
10. Absolutely no touching! No patting, no handshakes, no rubbing, no touching! Only time you need to touch someone is if they break any of these rules and you need to give them a good slap in the face.
Well, those are the male bathroom etiquettes. Hey, I didn’t make them up, it’s an unwritten rule! And I also included a funny male bathroom rules Youtube video for those you guys (or girls) that need a visual.
Coolirish allows you to browse the latest news in multimedia format, kind of like an iphone scrolling / carousal thing. You can search youtube for videos, play them through Cooliris’ funky interface and then go directly to the website. If you have some time to kill or you just like cool stuff, this add on is for you There’s even a demo here.
2. Colorful Tabs
Tabbed browsing is nothing new but it can sometimes be hard to differentiate between all the tabs you have open as they are all the same color and look the same from a distance. Well, thanks to Colorful Tabs, all of you tabs will now have their own unique color. A very cool add on indeed.
Fast Dial is a bookmark add on which acts as a ‘speed dial’ on Firefox. As the name might suggest, you can add you favourite sites to Fast Dial and it’ll save them for you along with a url and a thumbnail. To access your Fast Dial sites, you click a little icon on your toolbar and all of your Fast Dial sites will appear. A much better and cooler way of bookmarking
Did you ever want to edit html and CSS live on a site and see what difference it makes to the appearance? For example, did you ever want to know what a black background looks like on google? Well with firebug, you can do all of that and more. It is the ultimate designer / devlopers tool and a MUST HAVE add on for designers, developers and code monkeys.
Ever wanted to download videos from youtube or metacafe or any streaming video sites? Sure you have. This nifty little add on allows you to do that with the click of a button. You can also convert between formats and even download pictures if you want from any site. Ingenius